Our nonprofit can help you prepare your immigration paperwork for free
The US government is only granting DACA renewals, but you can still submit a new DACA application to hold your place in line.

How to pay USCIS fees with a Credit or Debit Card

ImmigrationHelp.org is a nonprofit that helps you prepare your immigration forms for free. Think TurboTax for Immigration. Get free immigration guides, news, and expert support without the high cost of an immigration lawyer. Featured in the Boston Globe, Forbes, and Telemundo, and funded by organizations like Harvard University. Check out our free tool.

Key Takeaways

The majority of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' (USCIS) immigration forms carry a government filing fee. USCIS uses filing fees to cover the processing costs and biometric services for your application type. You can pay for your application type's filing fees either using a traditional check or money order, or more recently a credit or debit card. USCIS does not accept or process online payments but you can still pay with a credit or debit card using Form G-1450. This article explains how to use Form G-1450 to pay your USCIS filing fees with a credit or debit card.

Table of Contents

What is Form G-1450?

Form G-1450 is the “Authorization for Credit Card Transactions” form. With this form, you can make credit card payments for your application. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) agency that handles immigration applications, accepts credit and debit card payments from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. You can also make fee payments with a gift card bearing the Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover logos, in lieu of a personal check or money order. 

USCIS allows credit or debit card payment methods for over 40 forms. This includes USCIS Form I-130 (the family sponsorship form), Form I-485 (the green card application form), and Form N-400 (the naturalization application). Check which forms have a debit or credit card payment option available on the USCIS website

If you’re struggling financially, check out our tips on affording USCIS’s filing fees. USCIS also offers fee waivers and reductions for low-income immigrants. Check out our article on applying for waivers and reductions to learn more.

How do you complete Form G-1450?

To complete Form G-1450, you’ll need to provide your name, billing information, signature, and credit card information.

You must use black ink and print your answers legibly. Be sure to enter your correct given, middle, and family name. Also, be sure to enter a valid billing address. Double-check all card information before submitting your form. If you are using someone else’s credit card, you should provide their name and address under the billing information. The credit card holder must sign the form. If you are not the credit card holder, be sure to get the actual holder to sign off on the form. 

You should make sure that there are sufficient funds on the card you use from now until your application goes through processing. If your payment bounces, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will not be able to process your application. In that scenario, USCIS will return your application to you without processing.

There is no cost to file Form G-1450. You should include the form with your complete application package. You should place Form G-1450 at the top of your application package. Be sure to save a copy of the form for your records.

To learn more about USCIS’s credit card payment process, check out the USCIS.gov website.

ImmigrationHelp.org can help you prepare Form G-1450 for free if you’d like to pay USCIS fees with a credit card. We can also help you apply for fee waivers or reductions.


Filing immigration forms can be expensive, but ImmigrationHelp.org may be able to help you cut your costs if you can’t afford the additional immigration lawyer or law firm fees. If you are eligible, our free web app will walk you through the process of preparing and filing your application with the U.S. government. Click "Get Started" to see how we can help make your American dream come true!

Would you like free help preparing your immigration paperwork?
Get Free Help

Latest Articles