ImmigrationHelp.org is a legal nonprofit founded in 2019 at Harvard University that helps low-income immigrants prepare their immigration forms for free. We provide free legal services for DACA, TPS, and Work Permits.
As a nonprofit that uses tech to help Dreamers access their civil rights, we are passionate about social innovation. To empower the next generation of change-makers, we are encouraging students to submit short essays (500-1000 words) on how technological changes in the 21st century can improve immigration processes. The winning essay will receive $2,500.
These are the entry requirements:
- Must be currently attending high school, university or college, or set to attend during the 2022-2023 academic year;
- Must apply via email and provide your name, high-school, university or college, major, and expected graduation month and year;
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be in good standing with your current or prospective institution;
- Send a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) file of your original work, which should include a title in English and a comprehensive list of sources consulted. Entries must be typed, double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman or an equivalent font with a one-inch margin on all sides of the page;
- Submit your application by August 14, 2022.
Submit your essays to email@example.com
The ImmigrationHelp.org scholarship will be offered annually. This year's winner will be announced on September 1st.